At L’Arche Genesaret Inc (L’Arche and “The Hub in Phillip”) the security of personal information that we collect is of utmost importance to us. We respect your privacy.
What kinds of personal information does L’Arche collect and hold?
The kinds of personal information that we collect will vary depending upon our interaction with you but may include:
- your name, address and other contact details (like your telephone number);
- your email address;
- your date of birth;
- your gender;
- transaction details relating to any purchase(s) that you have made with us or that have been made on your behalf;
- credit card details, if you make a purchase with us
- any preferences that you select; and
- any other personal information which may be required in order to facilitate your dealings with us.
How does L’Arche collect personal information?
Generally, we collect personal information when you:
- make a purchase through our website and office;
- participate in a L’Arhe surveys, promotion or other fundraising campaigns;
- indicate that you wish to receive news or other marketing material from L’Arche;
- sign up to a waitlist or an event
- make an inquiry or a complaint;
- have other dealings with us, for example, via social media or in person, over the phone or when you write to us.
In certain circumstances, we may also collect personal information about you in the course of combining and analysing different data sets which, in and of themselves, may not contain personal information.
Also, from time to time L’Arche collects personal information about individuals who are not customers. This is usually where we collect the name and business contact details of a person who is the contact in a government agency or company with whom we deal. L’Arche policy is to only use personal information collected from customers for the main business purpose for which it was collected.
How does L’Arche hold personal information?
L’Arche may hold your personal information in electronic or hard copy format or a combination of both. This personal information may be combined or linked with other information held about, or which we attribute to, you, including:
- information (personal or otherwise) that we collect from our website (as described below in relation to “Cookies, Tracking and Advertising”) or from third parties
We have taken a number of physical, electronic and procedural steps to protect your personal information from misuse, interference, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
L’Arche protects the personal information it collects in a secure database stored by our third party data storage provider. It is in proprietary data format, which can only be read using proprietary tools.
Data collected online is stored in a Microsoft SQL database; a protected, secure data centre that is unreachable by the internet. Ticketek encrypts data sent from your computer to our systems during internet transactions. L’Arche also employs firewalls, intrusion detection systems and virus scanning tools to protect against unauthorised persons and viruses from entering our systems.
L’Arche employees are required, as a condition of their employment, to treat personal information held by L’Arche as confidential, and to maintain the confidentiality of that personal information. They are also required sign in and use a password when accessing L’Arche systems and to undertake training about how to manage personal information.
What are the purposes for which L’Arche may collect, hold, use and disclose personal information?
Generally, L’Arche only uses personal information for the primary purpose for which we have collected it, or for another closely related secondary purpose. Our potential uses of personal information which L’Arche collects (and for which you consent to us using your personal information for) may include:
- to process and fulfil your purchase of enrolment (or other items) from us;
- to contact you if there is an event, venue or course cancellation or change in the details;
- to get a better understanding of you, your needs, your behaviours and how you interact with us in order to identify ways in which we can provide you with a better service, or enhance your experience of our website or other services;
- so that we can promote our products and services to you and the products and services of third parties that we deal with;
- so that our venue for hire, promoters of events for which you purchase tickets or sponsors can use it for operational purposes;
- for business research and development of new products and services
- verifying your identity;
- so that we can respond to inquiries and complaint handling; and
- for the conduct of data analytics and predicting trends;
- marketing services in connection with the products and services we provide; and
- to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations and enforce our legal rights.
From time to time, there may be other purposes for which we collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information. We will tell you about these at the point of collection.
Who might L’Arche disclose my personal information to?
L’Arche may disclose your personal information:
- to sponsors or promotors of events which use it for operational purposes only, for example, to provide you with additional information about the venue or event that you are attending; and
- to third party contractors and service providers who help us operate our business or provide a service to you. L’Arche may disclose your personal information to third party contractors and service providers who, for example, help us operate our computer systems, send out our mail/email, government agencies collecting data on participants of funding programs.
Otherwise, L’Arche will only disclose your personal information:
- where we are required to do so by law;
- if the disclosure is permitted under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth); or
- if you have consented to the disclosure.
If we do not collect personal information about you at the point of sale or when you interact with us, this could impact the level of service we can provide to you, for example, we will not be able to contact you in the case of an event cancellation or venue change or we may not be able to properly respond to your inquiry or investigate your complaint or fully process your transaction.
Cookies and Tracking
Sometimes our website contains links to third party websites, for your convenience and information. When you access a non-L’Arche website, please understand that L’Arche is not responsible for the privacy practices of that site. We suggest that you review the privacy policies of each site you visit.
Access and Correction
Under the Australian Privacy Principles, you have a right to request access to the personal information that L’Arche holds about you and seek its correction. So that your request reaches the right person, please send it to our office. Please include your contact details such as email address and telephone number and enclose a copy of a form of identification such as a current driver’s licence or passport. We aim to respond to requests for access or correction within 14 days. There are certain situations under the Australian Privacy Principles where we may refuse to provide you with access to or correct your personal information but we will always let you know in writing if this is the case.
Complaints and how to contact our Office
Our office can be contacted by:
- e-mail at [email protected]
- letter to PO Box 419, Curtin ACT 2605
We will always endeavour to investigate your complaint and respond to you as soon as practicable after receipt, generally within 14 days. If you are not satisfied with our response, you may refer the matter to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.